Sales Ledger Administrator
My client is looking for a Sales Ledger Administrator to work in their busy Accounts Department on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract.
- Maintenance & distribution of all sales/Purchase Ledger information / emails to relevant colleagues, including monitoring & follow-up to ensure all invoicing data is captured & actioned.
- Final checking responsibility for Key Accounts invoicing
- Daily review of sales ledger transactions prior to final general ledger posting
- Reporting weekly sales ledger activity, including, but not limited to:
- Departmental turnover and associated reports
- Debtor reporting and analysis
- Credit Note analysis
- Monthly Accounts preparation / analysis of data – as required.
- Overseeing the credit control function
- Set up and maintenance of system data where required, including customer rating schedules within TMS.
- Resolution of queries through interaction with other departments and external sources.
- Training of new staff and involvement in recruitment
- Archive Organisation – responsibility to ensure archiving of departmental documents is completed effectively when required.
- Assistance with ad-hoc reporting as required, including monthly ONS completion / submission.
- Audit work assistance at year end.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels in place for holiday / sickness cover and providing cover where necessary
- To provide general administration tasks such as scanning and archiving.
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by the Site Management for which you are suitably qualified
- To attend training courses as directed.
Previous supervisory experience / training required
Organised approach to tasks
Excellent attention to detail
Good data analysis skills
Able to work effectively to tight deadlines
Good communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels within business
Experience of transport environment an advantage
Computer literate – especially Excel spreadsheets
Flexibility and Adaptability to ensure adequate cover in office during busy periods (ie, weekends and bank holidays)
All employees are expected to adhere to company rules and procedures and act in a professional manner
All employees are responsible for health safety of themselves and others around them and therefore should ensure that safety regulations are adhered to.
If you feel you suit the role, please apply below or send your CV to