Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with good experience of AutoCAD Inventor? We are a Northampton based manufacturer and we need a problem solving Mechanical Design Engineer to work on bespoke projects from concept to completion. This expansion role is to take ownership of design projects for our customers. Any exposure to the principals of Structural Design Engineering would be of benefit.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
· Good Holiday Allowance
· Access to Company Pension Scheme
· Mobile / Laptop as required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Coventry, Leamington Spa, Wellingborough, Kettering, Daventry, Market Harborough, Rugby, Lutterworth, Leicester, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Banbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Bedford
WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD Inventor
· Bored of designing the same thing over and over? This Design Engineer role will see you working on a wide variety of bespoke projects, problem solving unique circumstances, and taking ownership of the project from inception to completion.
· We’re a well-established and respected company, market leading in our sector, and going through expansion. This is a great time to join us.
· If you have any experience designing mechanical equipment with a lifting / load bearing / suspension element such as cranes / lifts / rigging / hoists etc. and want to work in an exciting, fast paced industry where every project is different– this is the job for you.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD
Working from the Northampton based office, you will be utilising AutoCAD Inventor (as a mechanical design engineer) to design and dimension fabrication drawings on projects based on a client’s specifications. You will also, on occasion, be visiting customer sites across the UK.
This is not a boring, traditional, industrial design job. We work with high profile clients from across the world in markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events.
We add value wherever we can solve the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
You will work with a client throughout the life-cycle of the project – from initial enquiry through to completion.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD Inventor
To succeed in your application:
· You must be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
· You will hold some sort of Mechanical Engineering qualification (ONC / HNC or above)
· You MUST have experience of AutoCAD Inventor. Experience of other software packages may also be considered if those skills are transferable.
It would also be an advantage if you have some exposure (whether through education or work experience) and an appreciation of structural engineering principals.
This role will develop to suit the skills of the individual. We are also a growing company with a track record of promoting talent internally.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Design Manager / Internal Design Assistant / Design Team Leader / Mechanical Engineer / Structural Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / AutoCAD / AutoCAD Inventor / Rigging / Theatre / Entertainment /
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting SP15141 and reference Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.