An opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller to join the Finance team at our Guildford Hospital. Reporting into the Deputy Finance Manager and working with our friendly finance team your role will be to ensure the prompt collection of cash from private patients and Medical Insurance companies.
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest and most pioneering healthcare charity, integrating fitness and well-being, prevention and cure. We've brought together our hospitals, clinics, fitness and well-being centres as well as our diagnostics units into one holistic healthcare service provided from over 200 locations. A not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest every penny we make into helping the people of Britain to lead healthier, happier lives. In today's healthcare market, we're in an enviably strong position.
In this role you will:
- Minimise the risk in our debtors ledger by prompt collection of outstanding cash
- Respond to customer invoicing queries
- Liaise with other hospital departments to ensure queries are resolved correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure debtor days and debt aging profile are improved upon on an on-going basis
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Allocate cash against invoices
- Process credits and refunds as necessary within approved authority limits
- Provide support to colleagues in the Finance team as required
You will bring to the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A "can do" attitude and a flexible and helpful approach
- Credit Control experience
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- IT skills including the use of MS Excel.
- A good standard of education, including GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
At Nuffield Health, we do what we do because we love it. Health and wellbeing is our passion. That's why we've developed a unique approach to connected healthcare. With a network spanning hospitals, clinics and medical centres, Fitness and Wellbeing Clubs, and specialist services including physiotherapy, we offer people something truly special: a holistic, personalised approach to a healthier life.
We want you to be the best you can be. So we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and Wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, private healthcare and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial Wellbeing benefits. We want to help you live well and get the balance right in life, so we'll give you 25 days' holiday in your first years here - and we'll reward you with more annual leave for building your career with us.
Location: Our Guildford Hospital is on the Surrey Research Park. Free offsite parking & transport is provided.