We are looking to recruit a number of Data Analysts of all experience levels to join our team in Skelmersdale on a full time, permanent basis.
We are Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the most trusted names in the fuel industry, are global leaders in driving innovation for over 100 years. DFS, the industry's 1st end-to-end fueling solution, provides advanced fuel-dispensing equipment, including systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet stock-management solutions. The DFS business is comprised of industry leading brands including Tokheim, Wayne Fueling Systems, Fairbanks, ProGauge, ClearView and OPW Fuel Management Systems.
We lead every market we serve with focused expertise, progressive thinking and customer-inspired innovation to push the boundaries of performance for our customers and shareholders. To learn more about DFS, visit www.doverfuelingsolutions.com. DFS is part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV).
About the role
As a Data Analyst you will be capable of delivering excellent customer service, have an analytical mind-set, be numerate and IT literate, have a passion for problem solving and the confidence to take responsibility for investigations whilst liaising with petrol station owners as well major company executives.
Don’t worry, if know little about what we do or the petroleum industry, you will be given comprehensive training on our smart inhouse statistical analysis systems and then placed with a friendly and supportive team.
What’s in it for you?
We can offer excellent career opportunities, for those candidates with the right drive, motivation and talent for business management. As a global company with offices around the work, you may find opportunities to further your career in directions you might not expect.
- Starting salary from £17,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Onsite parking
- Healthcare scheme + many more benefits.
What we do & Why do it:
The Fairbanks Data Analyst service assists fuel retailers, across the globe, in managing their forecourts and fuel. The key purpose of the Data Analyst role is to provide an expert data analysis and fuel management service to our customers. Whilst their fuel is in the hands of the experts, Fairbanks, this allows them to focus on other areas of their fuel retail business.
What will be expected of you as a Data Analyst:
- Verify and correct data discrepancies with the customer
- Review and escalate data exceptions on a daily and weekly basis, following process and procedure which is in accordance to what has been agreed between Fairbanks and the customer contractually.
- Analyse trends and patterns in the data to identify anomalies, discrepancies and irregularities that require further escalation
- Manage those subsequent investigations for the customer to identify the source and find a solution to the anomaly, discrepancy and irregularity
- Undertake general ad-hoc customer requests / phone calls / administration tasks
- Provide reports via our systems to assist the customer in managing their fuel stations
How we do it:
- Each new Analyst undergoes a 2-and-a-half-week bespoke training course before joining an Analysis team to embed the new skills whilst delivering the service live to our customers
- Fairbanks use a bespoke data analysis system to identify and analyse exceptions and alerts for each customer, escalating as required and agreed in contracts using clearly defined processes
- We liaise with customers and contractors via email, phone, conference calls and occasionally face to face meetings
- Our teams of Data Analysts work closely together to deliver our service and achieve common targets for the customer they are allocated to. This includes sharing projects, mentoring and escalating data/system issues to more experienced team mates to problem solve together.
- Analysts liaise closely with customers and contractors to resolve any issues identified
- As an Analyst, you are also expected to work across departments to problem solve or find a solution for our customers
- In particular, our Data Analysts need to work closely with our IT Services Support and On-Site Services teams for equipment issues or site visits as part of an investigation
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Data Analyst then please click 'apply’ today - we’d love to hear from you!