Claims Solicitor / Team Leader
Claims Solicitor / Team Leader: High Volume Legal Claims (Financial Products)
What's the role?
This is an exciting opportunity for a solicitor with a strong claims background to be a key a part of a growing team within a dynamic and innovative legal firm. To help growth and expansion, the firm requires creative and forward-thinking individuals who can make a meaningful contribution.
The role will require you to act both as a subject matter expert (SME) in the area of financial claims as well as acting as the day to day manager of a team of paralegals. You will liaise with the project manager and report to senior management.
Tell me more
Location: Alderley Edge
Work Type: Contract
Rate: £260 per day
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months (minimum - with likely extension)
The benefits for you
You will be working with a busy, dynamic and pioneering law firm comprising of solicitors, paralegals and other claims professionals with expert level financial services litigation knowledge. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your experience and develop new skills in a multi-disciplined environment.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Day to day management of a team of paralegals working on high volume financial claims;
- Acting as an SME both with regard to the claims process and any associated regulatory requirements;
- Providing a QC role to ensure all work is produced to an appropriately high standard;
- Providing legal oversight of the paralegal team in accordance with SRA guidelines;
- Acting as a point of liaison between the claim's teams and project management;
- Advising on with various discretionary elements of the process such as settlement quantum.
What knowledge, skills and experience we need
- Qualified solicitor with a current practising certificate;
- Minimum of 2 years' legal claims experience, specifically with regard to financial instruments or products;
- Experience of managing teams, including checking and quality control of work;
- Comprehensive understanding of the claims/litigation process;
- Experience of using claims management software;
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don't delay; please click Apply now.
Momenta are a market leading financial and legal services resourcing business. If you have the skills and experience for this exciting role then apply today and don't miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the company that provides quality resource, consulting expertise and people development for financial and legal services organisations throughout the UK and internationally.