Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Engineering Manufacturer)
- Basic salary; £35,000 - £42,000 + excellent benefits
- Leading manufacturer of innovative engineering and rotating equipment used in processing optimisation
- Location; Home Counties. Commutable from Reading, Swindon, Basingstoke and Andover
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on this vacancy.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of mechanical engineering equipment used across the world for mixing and processing optimisation. Due to increased growth, an outstanding career opportunity has become available to join their engineering team as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
You will be responsible for producing designs and detailed engineering drawings for the manufacture of the company’s product portfolio. You will be responsible for meeting customers’ needs managing vendors to be consistent with cost, quality, reliability and timing requirements, to support business goals. In return you will have the opportunity to work for a well-respected SME sized company with an ambitious global growth strategy in place.
You will also be responsible for:
- Working with customers to gather requirements and produce viable solutions.
- Carrying out in house engineering development projects to create new products for the company.
- Assisting the sales and applications engineering teams to find engineered solutions to their customer’s problems.
- Producing and updating parts lists, bills of materials and technical support documentation.
- Working alongside the manufacturing teams to keep track of order progress and any manufacturing changes that need to be made.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Skills and experience required:
- 5 years (minimum) Engineering design experience in a related industry is ideally required
- You should hold an engineering qualification of some kind, maybe a Degree or HND.
- CAD drawing experience with associated software packages
- Confident in customer facing situations, you will be required to interact with customers on the phone and possibly face to face.
- Willingness to accept and embrace change
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail
- High work ethic, sound judgement, discretion at all times
- Prepared to undertake training
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer who has a proven track record within a related industry, to develop a long term career in an excellent business that can facilitate constant learning and progression opportunities.
Please click on the apply button or contact Jack Woodcock at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.