This opportunity is within the Salary Overpayment/Staff Debt Team, covering a variety of case management/debt recovery activities within the Record to Report Team.
The client is one of the biggest employers in Newport and are easily accessible by public transport and by car. The client can offer progression right across different departments including Finance, HR and Admin.
As a Overpayments Officer you would be:
- Managing payroll overpayments and Staff Debt services with sensitivity, often involving the management of complex and personal information with integrity
- Management of staff debt services
- Liaise confidently with internal stakeholders/colleagues to ensure cases are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Resolve queries and escalate accordingly
- Maintain records for audit purposes
- Support line management with any additional tasks as and when required
Below are the deserible and essential skills required for the overpayments officer role.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of being able to deal with the management of casework, queries and policy issues, leading to the resolution of exceptions.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and follow detailed policy documents
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and good problem solving skills
- Experience of dealing with difficult conversations
- Effective team player and work equally as well on their own
- Experience of providing a high quality customer service, which creates confidence and trust
- Experience of working within a finance based environment.
- MS Excel skills and experience of other MS products, such as Access
- Experience of Oracle
- Experience of working with teams across multiple sites
- Good negotiating/decision making skills
- Experience of staff debt and/or overpayments case management, some form of debt collection experience would be useful.
The ideal candidate will be offered:
- £17,000-£17,500 per annum
- Contract for Overpayments Officer
- Plus Holiday and Pension
- Be Based in Newport