Purchasing Assistant Manager
I am delighted to be working with a Haverhill based, leading supplier in their industry, in the recruitment of a Purchasing Assistant Manager to join this personable and dynamic team. You will be working alongside the Procurement Manager to ensure the delivery of stock and purchasing coordination.
This person will have strong organisational skills and the ability to manage large and ever changing work-loads, especially during peak seasons. You will be good at thinking ahead and reacting to change, with the ability to find proactive solutions.
This is a relaxed and friendly business culture who relish in their staff feeling valued and part of a team! They have a very low turnover with the business and joining during this exciting time would be a fantastic career move for someone looking to be a part of the growth and development of a company!
Main Duties Include:
• Monitoring existing suppliers performance
• Processing purchase orders to ensure stock availability prior to production
• Ensure orders are being placed for maximum profitability
• Creating new product codes in line with company guidelines
• Updating production schedules and advising of any issues
• Monitoring back orders
• Ensuring sample garments are ordered and invoiced correctly
• Ensure all 'spoils’ or returns are recorded and invoiced correctly
• Support and liaise regularly with the sales department
• Monitoring consumables and order are required
• Assisting with the annual stock take and any amendment to Promotions office
• Cover purchasing coordinators duties in their absence
• Working to achieve Departments KPI targets
The ideal candidate for this position will have had exposure to Purchasing and an idea of the supply chain and procurement industry. This role operates on towards turning over large volumes of product in a short time, so you will have experience dealing with a number of orders at any one time. You will have good administrative skills alongside this with strong IT skills, particularly in navigating excel.
• Salary: £19,000-£23,000 (depending on experience)
• Location: Haverhill, Suffolk
• Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
• Parking on site
• Kitchen/Break area
If you think this Purchasing Assitant Manager vacancy is right for you, please send your CV to Paige to be considered! Should you require any more information, get in touch!