Main Purpose of the role: Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management, activities and guidance of the motor repair network finance team. Driving performance against set targets, assisting with any issues that employees may have or issues that arise. Managing the team’s set objectives and targets working together to achieve it. Constant monitoring to ensure exceptional service is provided and that KPIs are met.
- Managing the daily running of the team, including effective resource, demand and utilisation planning. Provide strong leadership and direction.
- Ensure the bank accounts are reconciled once per week as a minimum.
- Ensure supplier queries are dealt with in a prompt and timely manner.
- Ensure invoicing is kept upto date and all invoices are reviewed within 1 working day of receipt.
- Oversee the aged debtor book ensuring that accounts are kept upto date
- Manage cash flow and resource effectively at all times
- Maintain a consistent approach to absence management, including all absence/unauthorised leave.(including pre-agreed overtime) being documented as part of the return to work procedure with all return to work meetings completed the same day as the staff member returns.
- Utilise company HR Breathe software in order to identify consistent poor attendance, trends and manage staff to reduce absence frequency liaising with HR.
- Coordinate team recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements in conjunction with HR.
- Review employee performance through daily monitoring and monthly 121s. Identify training needs and plan continuous improvement training programmes in order to continuously improve service levels and accuracy.
- Coach, motivate and retain high performing employees and coordinate pay review and bonus schemes.
- Mediate any interpersonal issues referring to HR as appropriate.
- Act as a point of escalation for any supplier and customer issues.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory rules and guidance applicable to the role.