Assistant Accountant - exciting opportunity to work for a growing SME
Our client is experiencing significant growth and as a result they are seeking to appoint an experienced an Accounts Assistant to work closely with the FD and small finance team. They are based in an excellent location with easy access from Leeds, Bradford, Halifax & Huddersfield. The ideal candidate will have a varied accounts background with specific reference to managing a sales ledger.
This is a great opportunity, offering variety and opportunity to broaden finance experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Raising sales invoices, and updating XERO
- Reconciling payments, allocating payments to the sales ledger
- Credit control administration, maintaining the ledger within payment terms
- Chasing overdue debt by telephone and letter, building relationships with customers in-order to recover overdue payments.
- Handling payment negotiations, and escalating issues when necessary
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing expenses and petty cash
- Assisting the purchase ledger clerk in their absence, and increases in workload
- Support the Financial Director with ad-hoc administration tasks.
This is an excellent role for qualified by experienced bookkeeper / assistant accountant. The company have an excellent reputation and are highly recommended by their employees as a work place of choice. They are looking for an individual who has a can-do attitude, you will ideally have a varied accounts background within an SME. Experience of Sage Line 50 would be an advantage, but is by no means a pre-requisite.
Please contact Emma Easton at Strand Recruitment to discuss the role and company in more detail. Interviews are to take place as soon as possible, please apply today if you are interested.