Payroll & Pensions Officer
Our client, a people focused leader in the Public sector is recruiting for a Payroll & Pensions Officer based in the Birmingham City Centre on temporary basis for up to six months. This role is for an expanding organisation with state-of-the-art facilities and is a great opportunity to develop within a commercially focused department. The working hours for the post are based on a 37 hour week.
The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a previous payroll and pensions experience and available to start immediately.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Deal with payroll administration for approximately 3,500 employees on a monthly cycle
* Process statutory deductions including SMP, SPP, SSP and SAP
* Handle general payroll administration including data entry and timesheet inputting
* Understanding tax, national insurance and pensions contributions
* Update employee’s personal information
* Starting parallel payroll runs for new systems being integrated in the department, testing dummy payroll runs and resolving queries
* Resolving payroll and pension queries via email and over the phone
* Administering pensions scheme including Local Government Pensions and Teachers Pensions, and working through a backlog of pensions
* Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including data protection, HMRC, LGPS and Teachers Pensions
* Manually calculating changes to pensions or salaries
* Dealing with auto-enrolments and real time information
* Processing P11ds and administering changes to tax codes
* Liaising with HMRC and other relevant pensions providers and
* Using Resource Link or Oracle is highly desirable
For further information on the position, please contact Clara Willis or Win Banh.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details