Financial Accountant, International
Financial Accountant, International
All roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and Vision 2025 and will contribute overtly to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This role will practice and promote the principles of inclusiveness and respect the value of diversity.
To act as subject matter expert on assigned areas of accounting processes and to work with the Accounting Manager Corporation in meeting objectives concerning statutory financial accounting and reporting; management and security of the Corporation's assets; supervision of the maintenance of Corporation accounting ledgers; and improving operational efficiencies within the Financial Accounting Team in Chatham.
What Will You Do?
- Take full responsibility for the end to end financial accounting of allocated areas within the Corporation, acting as primary point of contact for any queries arising from stakeholders: both internal and external. Understand fully the treatment and processes adopted for the posting of accounting transactions.
- Production of allocated sections of the Society of Lloyd's statutory accounts. Provide support to the manager to evaluate and review the accounting policies adopted by the Society and its overseas subsidiaries under the relevant accounting standards, to ensure compliance with reporting requirements in the UK and overseas
- Supervise the monthly accounting processes for the assigned operations - ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared in line with timetable, reviewing work prepared and resolving issues in a timely manner. Provide assistance with the budget and forecast exercises, as required.
- Proactively review processes and controls, implementing improvements and challenging the status quo, contributing to an environment of continual improvement. In particular, identify areas where new technology can generate efficiencies and work to implement changes required to realise improvements
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process, including collaboration with UK and Overseas finance colleagues and colleagues from other departments including Treasury, Market Reporting, and Tax.
- Supervise and maintain the Sun ledger structure and Sun databases for assigned areas to ensure effective financial control, efficient processing and reporting of Society's financial position on a monthly basis.
- Act as main point of contact for assigned areas of responsibility during audits for the Corporation and assigned subsidiaries, liaising with internal and external auditors, and coordinating with actuaries, tax department, market reporting team, overseas finance staff and other key stakeholders.
- Act as main point of contact for assigned areas with project work as required and provide support to develop and execute business process streamlining projects that comply with Corporation policies
- Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounting team, as required
- Assist in coaching and training less experience staff members
- Provide encouragement to colleagues to achieve individual goals
- Seek feedback to understand own strengths and provide feedback to immediate colleagues
- Knowledge and awareness of internal controls and potential risks for designated areas.
What You'll Need
- Good planning and prioritization skills and can manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Good communication skills and confidence to drive new ideas and seek to improve work practice.
- Encourages a team environment, both within immediate team and across wider organization.
- Strong stakeholder manager skills
- Knowledge of statutory reporting under IFRS
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, in particular, Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Sun Accounting System or any recognized accounting software package
- Experience of accounts consolidation models.
- Experience of year-end statutory accounts preparation.
- Experience of working in an international group would be beneficial
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please include this within your application
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please inform us and we will be happy to send you a link to ClearTalents