Accountant – Negotiable Salary – Romford, Essex
PG Global is looking for a talented and experienced Accountant with future possibilities of growth in line with the business. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong relationships with business areas and driving forward the financial control change and process improvement agenda.
This role requires someone with a wealth of experience and someone that can handle responsibility. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate/s to be able to be fully involved with a global business with subsidiaries all over the world including the USA, which is now looking to expand their operations throughout Europe in 2019.
The key responsibilities of an Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all month end accounting entries are processed in line with timetable to ensure timely general ledger close and facilitate reporting
- Taking responsibility for general invoicing and credit control at the beginning to ensure full understanding of the business
- Performing month-end processes including accruals, deferred income, accounting for commissions, clawbacks, etc; providing daily, weekly and monthly reporting in general
- Ensuring that the bank maintains, at all times, financial controls appropriate to current and future developments
- Identifying areas within the system/process that can be improved and providing solutions, and updating and maintaining departmental procedure documentation
- Ensuring a high level of customer service (both internal and external)
PG Global is one of the leading international specialist recruitment companies in the world, providing international coverage and support around the globe within Oil & Gas, Energy and Marine industries with offices in Glasgow, Romford, Malta, and Angola. We have an enviable reputation for delivering a service totally in tune with the needs of both our clients and candidates.
The key skills and qualities of an Accountant:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ management experience with previous experience working in a fast moving, SME sized organisation; experience of using SAGE general ledger system (or equivalent), using a lending/invoice discounting facility, and reconciliations
- Qualified with a professional accreditation with ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
- Good attention to detail and accuracy problem analysis, able to use their own judgement and excel at problem-solving; a strong aptitude for numbers and accountability
- Able to work as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to associate with the long-term vision of the company and willing to play an active role in helping to develop and implement a strategic plan for the company, and undertaking relevant training for personal and career development
- Able to travel when required
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.