Nursery Manager required on a permanent basis offering £26,000 - £27,000 per annum based in Cheltenham
ABOUT THE NURSERY:
I am working with a highly reputable medium size nursery based in Cheltenham who are looking for a talented and experienced Nursery Manager to join their team
As nursery manger you will report to the Operations Director who will take care of dealing with parent contracts, invoicing and finance so you can focus on delivering the best possible educational experience to their children.
Your new role will include overseeing the Nursery and all staff members within the Nursery to ensure the high standards of care are always upheld. Your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing and coaching a Team of dedicated Early Years practitioners.
- Planning staffing rotas and managing educational resources and supplies.
- Ensuring child learning journals are complete with high quality observations.
- Active ongoing risk assessment and development of policies, procedures and practice to drive improvement.
- Implementing and developing a curriculum to meet the needs of the children in line with the EYFS and tailoring the curriculum to the needs of the children
- Ensuring that all Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are upheld as well as other such policies such as Food Hygiene.
- Provide a fun and caring atmosphere for the children to learn and play within and ensure that other staff members are enabling this atmosphere
- Report back to parents/carers and staff members/external professional bodies wherever possible on various subjects, including arranging and holding meetings
- Manage the staff in the Nursery and ensure that there are adequate staffing levels in terms of the staff to children ratio.
- Assist in the HR and recruitment of the Nursery
- Monitor and control the nursery finances and budget including forecasting income and allocating this income to relevant areas within the Nursery
- Ensure that accurate records are kept of numbers of children, their attendance, and their progress within the Nursery
- Produce an effective business plan for the Nursery
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 or above
- Experience: Min. 4 years' experience as Manager or Deputy Manager in Early Years education
- Great-To-Haves: Management qualification, B.A. or further degree in Early Years Education, Safeguarding and Prevent training, strong computer literacy
- Nice-To-Haves: Current DBS, Paediatric First Aid, Food Safety Training
- Must-Haves: great organisational skills, can-do attitude, bags of positive energy, a big smile and real passion for helping children get the best possible start to their education!
This position is to start immediately.
If you are interest please send across an up-to-date CV with a cover letter.