Production Team Leader
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas.
At Teva Runcorn, we're leaders in sterile manufacturing and we're a growing business which can offer great prospects for future progression. We make sterile products for use in the treatment of respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, as well as pre-filled syringes and injectable devices for the treatment of conditions like Multiple Sclerosis and organ transplant.
Underpinning all of this is a highly skilled workforce; every single one of our colleagues is degree-educated and leaders in their chosen field. And this is where we have been investing most heavily. We recruit and develop the best talent in the market, and support their technical professional development through structured STEM career pathways.
Today, we employ around 500 people, working in a variety of roles encompassing everything from quality assurance, quality control, manufacturing operations, research and development, engineering, microbiology, and packaging. If you would like to work in our state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing site, a safe, clean, professional environment and have the relevant experience then we would like to hear from you!
Read more about Teva Runcorn here http://our-future
We are currently looking for a Production (Cell) Team Leader to join us in Runcorn. The Production Team Leader will be responsible for leading and managing shift teams to achieve improvements in planned production, pharmaceutical awareness, quality, cost and supply plans and activities in compliance with company, regulatory, pharmaceutical and internal/external standards.
* To lead the team to monitor, maintain and analyse 'on-shift' technical data to identify corrective actions and improvements to the manufacturing process through visible management systems.
* To comply with company policies, procedures and engineering standards: Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Good Engineering Practice (GEP), and Health Safety & Environment (HS&E). Ensure health and safety/housekeeping standards are maintained. No critical or major observations and a maximum of 3 minor observations during external audits. All risk/COSHH assessments and associated corrective actions delivered on time.
* To facilitate technical/process data and give guidance in the areas of fault diagnosis. Monitor work cell trends and standards and support the achievement of the filling plan. Zero operator deviation to engineering standards. Identify and implement Continuous Improvement initiatives that increase equipment reliability.
* To minimise manufacturing downtime to ensure output targets are achieved and continually improved upon. Filling machine downtime <5% of planned operation.
* To co-ordinate and take a hands-on approach to deliver maintenance plans on time to meet filling plans. On time Planned Preventative Maintenance as per plan. Zero downtime due to maintenance error or component fitment.
* To recruit, coach, and train Cell team members ensuring all training plans and assessments are achieved on time Audit. Review through personal performance reviews.
* To act as point of contact for New Product Development / New Product Introduction NPD/NPI with relation to ongoing projects. To promote Cell operators' awareness and understanding of in technical developments/NPD/NPI projects.
* To investigate cell process related deviations to ensure Cell process activities are compliant with cGMP, GEP, and HS&E Complete Incident Reports/ CAPA close out in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
* Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in a Scientific or Engineering field, with proven technical competence / experience. Able to deliver high performance standards. A good communicator / motivator / team player, with high attention to detail required.
* Experienced in Managing Change and Continuous Improvement through people
* Relevant leadership experience in proven leadership in a sterile Pharmaceutical manufacturer
* Must have a wide technical base that can be applied in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
* Team working - must be able to operate as part of an operations and supply chain Able to work across functional boundaries and influence peers in area of expertise.
* Leadership - must be able to lead pharmaceutical compliance, standards and operational performance improvement
* Tenacious - able to influence and motivate people to achieve all supply chain goals
* Technical - able to present the departmental activities and debate technical issues with confidence
* Follow up - able to effective
In return we will offer you a clean, safe and professional environment where you will be rewarded for your dedication and given the opportunity to really contribute. We look to develop and progress our team through the business and provide a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement and benefits.
At Teva, we're leading the way in our industry and we're doing this through collaboration and creativity; by asking questions and challenging the norm; and by taking pride in our purpose of improving people's health. To join us, please apply now!Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.