Our client, an exciting, growing business based on the outskirts of Taunton are looking to add to their finance team with the addition of an accounts assistant. You will be responsible for providing administrative accounting support to the management accounts function of my clients operation, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions through the finance ledgers in support of management reporting.
The role will include:
- Accurately processing transactional entries for all my clients subsidiary companies to include Bank receipts and payments, sales and purchase invoices and staff expenses
- Ensuring that all payments and receipts are processed and recorded accurately and promptly
- Monthly reconciliation of company credit card and fuel card statements, liaising with cardholders, posting and reconciling transactions through the finance ledgers, providing exception reporting on anomalies as appropriate
- Maintain petty cash, dispensing cash advances, reconciling and positing receipts and maintaining an appropriate cash balance
- Accurately posting all necessary accounting transactions to the relevant ledgers
- Assist with sales order processing, payment allocation, sales and purchase ledgers and bank reconciliations
Previous experience in a finance function is essential as you will be required to influence and develop the operational procedures, systems and overall effectiveness of the areas under their control.