As one of our Senior Buyers, you will be an integral part of the buying function within a major retailer. You will be commercially astute, ambitious, proactive and people focused professional with a desire to build a story with a fast-paced retail business. This is an opportunity for you to work with an exciting product range and a company who have recently restructured.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000
· Contributory Pension
· 22 days Holiday
· Car Allowance
LOCATION: High Wycombe
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Oxford, Luton, Reading, Watford, West London
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior Buyer
You will be maintaining and developing key relationships across multiple vendors with 5500 SKUs in the company book. Your strong business acumen and procurement experience will allow you to provide excellent commercial feedback to the wider organisation relating to your product lines/categories. You will be heavily involved in forecasting alongside other departments within the organisation.
· Management of an existing team of 3 Buyers / Assistant Buyers
· Product management and day to day trading of circa 3,500 products
· Managing relationships with circa 100 suppliers
· Competitor analysis
· Range development and range innovation
· GAP Analysis
· Forecasting promotions
REQUIREMENTS: Senior Buyer
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be overseeing one of our buying teams. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our business after an acquisition.
To be considered for the Senior Buyer role you will:
· Have experience of directly managing Buyers/Junior Buyers and Buying Administrators
· An expert negotiator, iIdeally be experienced in sourcing/buying from the Far East
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to communicate at both a senior and junior level
· Be a strong communicator who is confident and keen to be part of a dynamic and energetic team
· Be intrigued by the prospect of looking after 3,000-4,000 products across hundreds of suppliers
· Be able to manage numerous priorities without dropping the balls and always keep your eyes focussed on what’s most important
· Happy to either roll your sleeves up and get into the detail or to stand back and be able to see the bigger picture
In return, we will: Provide you with support and guidance to allow you to progress your career and improve your industry knowledge, whilst earning an excellent salary package.
Whilst our brand was only recently established, we are a part of a business with other well-known UK retailers under its umbrella. Having acquired one of the UK’s and Europe’s largest FMCG consumer retailers we have a presence in over 90 UK locations and employee 1700 talented individuals. If you haven’t been in one of our stores you will have most certainly used our products.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Retail Buying, Procurement Manager, Head of Purchasing, Retail, Stationary, Office Furniture, Office Equipment.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Senior Buyer and reference MT15307 to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.