Business Analyst - Permanent - Colchester
An opportunity for the successful candidate to work in the PITstop team, an agile change capability setup to deliver rapid system enhancements to better meet business need. More specifically this entails the delivery of small incremental improvements as well as strategic initiatives across our new underwriting, claims & accounting application and the transactional websites that interface with it.
Working with representatives from around the UK business you will understand their change needs, articulate these as business & functional requirements and collaborate with development and test teams in order to deliver solutions that meet the business need.
To be successful you will be required to develop strong system & product knowledge to compliment your analysis skills. You will need to understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation. You will work on a variety of concurrent changes so there is a strong emphasis on managing your work-load and time effectively, whilst being responsive to changes in business priority.
What you will be doing as a Business Analyst
This is an opportunity to shape the how the BA function operates. You will be able to:
- Build strong productive relationships with the business to create functional requirements that are based on true business need.
- Produce high quality business analyst deliverables such as user stories, acceptance criteria & accurate revisions to existing functional specifications.
- Producing these high quality outputs while working at pace to facilitate a rapid turnaround of value added incremental change.
- Work closely with the development, test teams to ensure requirements are well understood and issues are identified & managed effectively.
- Identify dependencies between concurrent changes and mitigate the knock on effect of these dependencies to minimise unintended issues.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to identify the root cause of issues and the most appropriate solution to meet the business need.
- Become a trusted expert on system design, processes and behaviour.
- Identify & implement continual improvements within your sphere of influence to ensure that we are constantly delivering efficient and effective change.
- Be a graduate, or of graduate calibre.
- Have proven experience of eliciting, documenting and delivering high quality business analysis deliverables.
- Experience of the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover.
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies, delivering incremental improvements to systems and processes.
- Motivated by developing expertise in system design that others consult with for guidance & advice.
Nice to haves
- Experience of querying databases using SQL, or an interest in developing these skills is desired.
- Experience of working in the Insurance industry (personal lines and small commercial) is preferred, but not essential.