Fork Lift Truck Driver
Fork Lift Truck Driver - International Timber - Grangemouth
This position is working for International Timber who are a part of the Saint Gobain group who are the Global winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated MHE Driver to become an integral part of the Yard Team who will contribute to output efficiencies whilst maintaining quality in a safe working environment using visual inspection and good housekeeping.
What will I be doing in the role?
- Pack Picking
- Mill Picking
- TT Operation
- Cover (PE only)
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
- To undertake general tasks within the timber processing plant at the discretion of and under the direction of the Yard Supervisor
- Meet targets set by the company in terms of timely and accurate loading/unloading of vehicles
- Contribute to safe and efficient running of overall site
- Ensure all handling, loading and storage of goods is carried out and maintained in a safe manner
- Ensure routine checks are carried out in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- To ensure correct stock rotation takes place, pickers should always be picking the oldest stock to fulfil orders
- To Ensure that all inbound stock is subject to coloured labels to indicate arrival month in line with the BSA-ST10 Stock rotation procedure
- Maintain and take responsibility for 5s housekeeping in working area.
This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a (MHE) Fork Lift Truck Driver?
- Driving license
- PC literate - Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Good grasp of Health & Safety requirements in an Operational environment
- General physical ability
- Meet general competency standards set by the company and to comply with ATO for designated mechanical handling equipment
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety standards applicable to machinery or mechanical handling equipment to be used
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety standards applicable to working in a timber processing plant and timber storage and distribution site
- Ability to carry out routine inspection (e.g daily report) on designated MHE
- Ability to understand, complete and maintain all documentation associated and required by this role
- Ability to work as a team player within the timber processing plant and overall site operation
- Previous timber experience
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your 'pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://applicantdataprivacy/