Our client in Northallerton is looking to recruit a Cost Accountant on a 3-6 month basis to help improve their product costings and quote systems. Duties will include:
- Accurate planning, studying and collecting data to determine the costs of business activities
- Working closely with the Master Data Controller to ensure Bills of Materials (BOMs) are accurate and represent what is/would be used
- Review and challenge assumptions for the BOM for all products
- Design methods to continually review and improve all product costing and reporting processes
- Working closely with the sales team, review current quote system for determining sales pricing
- Streamline and improve quote system to ensure all costs are captured and the correct pricing decisions are being implemented to ensure we successfully win profitable business
- Set up reporting to ensure that the validity of the quotes and assess the success of the quote system in delivering business at the appropriate margins.
- Responsible for Inventory and Stock Reporting - including Valuations and control of Cost of Stock held
- Review of stock adjustments performed by the factory
- Support Commercial teams in respect of tenders
- Review of monthly sales and margins to highlight products requiring further analysis
- Maintenance of accruals such as shipping and energy accruals
- In and out cost analysis
- Sales analysis
Candidates will need to have previous experience within a FMCG, manufacturing or engineering type environment with experience of working with product costs. Be a strong communicator at all levels with the confidence to influence decisions and implement process changes.