Stock Manager - Head Office, Eastbourne
Head Office based with nationwide travel
Full Time - 37 ½ hours per week
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly organised and ambitious individual to join our Stock Management Department at Head Office in Eastbourne as Stock Manager to help build upon the existing success of the Department.
Reporting to the Operations Director and managing a team of two, you will be responsible for supporting the Trading Board and Senior Management teams in the implementation of the business strategy in respect of all stock management. This role requires a good degree of emotional intelligence as you will be dealing with colleagues at multiple levels from Head Office departments and branch Stock Controllers to Regional Managers. You will also have the resilience to deal with the day to day queries that will flow into Head Office whilst also being able to keep an eye on the bigger picture.
A highly visible role within the business at Head Office and across the branch network, you will be able to demonstrate strong and effective team leadership and mentoring skills along with an innovative approach to achieving maximum benefit from the considerable asset of base stock within the Company.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to 170 branches nationwide which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with the growing change in our market.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Managing and mentoring the stock team ensuring they have the capacity and capability to deliver support to our branches network.
- Ensuring that we keep a balance of stock depth and width versus stock-turn to ensure the customer continues to get what they require on time and in full at the least cost to the business.
- Delivering against the Key Performance Indicators of the business eg:-
- Core Stock deployment and availability within the network.
- Excess stock as a percentage of overall stock.
- Availability of promotional stock before, during and after the event.
- Stock turn of the various product ranges.
- Delegating key tasks and projects to the team with clearly defined responsibilities, accountabilities and performance standards.
- Advising and managing business acquisition matters related to stock ensuring efficient integration into the core business systems and applications
- Leading the communication and championing new processes/initiatives that will maximise the asset base within the branch network and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Ensuring best practice is communicated across the business and monitoring this on behalf of the stock team through visits and internal briefings
Personal Skills required
- Have previous experience in a similar role with the ability to demonstrate a solid background in stock management
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and appreciate the wider goal and aims of the business
- Previous experience of managing projects and budgets
- Relevant experience in a multi site retail sector would be preferred, but is not essential
- Be an advocate for the development of others, including being able to demonstrate experience of motivating and coaching individuals to challenge themselves to achieve
- Show initiative and adaptability, with a willingness to tackle and resolve complex challenges or decisions
- Possess a confident and measured manner with the ability to engage at all levels in the business
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Willing to travel nationally as required
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive financial package
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan through Legal & General with company contributions
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
- Comprehensive induction available
- Company Car
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your Partner
- Contributory Health Cash Plan
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application process.
Please note - we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.