About BYD UK
BYD UK is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD is expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- General Training
- To develop, plan and deliver training courses to UK bus customers and BYD UK field technicians. This will include vehicle servicing, maintenance and repair, and driver training.
- To work with customers and other parties to plan training events, including the availability of staff, facilities, equipment and training materials, agreement of training plans and content, and the maintenance of attendance records.
- To ensure training materials and other literature (training course handouts and Powerpoints, drivers’ manuals, parts catalogues, service manuals, etc) are maintained up-to-date in English language for all UK-market BYD products.
- Charger system related training
- To provide customer training in the correct use of BYD chargers.
- To provide training for customers on operation of the CMS/DCMS or other advanced technology.
3. Other related activities and contingent assignments.
- Although primarily office based, the role will require travel throughout the UK and some travel elsewhere in Europe and to China.
- The role report direct line to Aftersales manager while dotted line to Technical Service Manager in China.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or a related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of bus products and electric system.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, requiring minimum supervision.
- At least 3 years’ experience in training or similar customer-facing roles.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, including MS Office applications.
Competitive salary based on experience