North Wales Police are recruiting for a Digital Communications and Engagement Assistant to join their team on a 9 month basis based in Colwyn Bay.
The purpose of the role is to assist with the production of engaging digital content for internal and external audiences. Assisting in the provision of effective two way communications between the force and external audiences by supporting the maintenance and the development of digital and social media is also a key part of the role.
Duties of the post include:
- To increase public engagement between North Wales Police (NWP) and its communities by producing engaging content through developing NWP digital channels such as Instagram and Snapchat.
- To update, improve and publicise the Force website on a regular basis by creating engaging content.
- To regularly liaise with officers and staff to provide guidance and support in respect of effective community engagement.
- To assist in the monitoring and running of internal campaigns related to specific incidents.
- Liaising with local communities to secure sponsorship opportunities.
- To provide support for other sections of the department in the case of unforeseen demand or emergencies.
- Liaising with the press to enhance media support or coverage.
- To provide event management services as and when required to do so.
Previous experience in a marketing and/or public relations role and strong social medial skills are essential to be successful in this role. Excellent communication, creativity and interpersonal skills are also highly desirable.
Welsh Language skills are highly desirable for this post.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake and pass a thorough background check.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy