PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Claims Handler
Location: Cooke & Mason - Retford, Nottinghamshire (Commutable from Sheffield, Doncaster, Mansfield and Lincoln)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role:
Cooke & Mason Insurance are now recruiting for a Claims handler to work from our Retford Office. The Purpose of this role is to provide an excellent claims service within the Commercial Department at Cooke & Mason. You will provide a first-class customer experience to all customers, internal & external and will ideally have some previous insurance experience.
- Manage claims within the Commercial department across different products, (e.g. motor, liability, property) for Cooke & Mason clients, from FNOL stage through to completion.
- Ensuring service standards are met or exceeded.
- Investigating the circumstances and quantum of a loss with a client, by correspondence, telephone call, instructing an investigator, or where operationally justifiable by personal visit.
- Presenting the detail of a loss to insurers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining close liaison with insurers, account executives and clients to ensure an optimal outcome on each claim.
- Create and maintain claims records in the Acturis system and provide MI to the client account handling team, as required.
- Good level of education to include GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Insurance experience - Ideally looking to work towards attainment of CII.
- A proven track record of strong client relationships.
- Some knowledge of handling motor AD claims and dealing with non-disputed recoveries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
You may have experience of the following: Claims Handler, Claims Administrator, Customer Service Advisor, Insurance Claims Advisor, Insurance Advisor, Customer Support, etc.