Athwal Resourcing is recruiting a newly created role for a Finance Manager for a highly successful industrial group based in Birmingham for its construction arm either on an Interim or Permanent basis. The business is looking for a proactive Finance Manager to be responsible for the production of timely management accounts, including WIP, costs to complete and contract accounts. The role will sit in the heart of the business and will be the number one finance position on site and be instrumental in providing financial and operational information to support future decision making as well as ensuring the efficient and effective running of the business's finances.
Your role will include:
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be tasked with:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations; together with a breakdown by project the cost to complete;
- Reporting on the financial performance of the business unit;
- Take the lead in the business unit planning and budgeting process;
- Support decision making by providing analysis and costings, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Manage the cash flow, to ensure that working capital is optimised;
- Developing reporting systems to monitor Work In Progress by job and record variance analysis;
- Monitoring the financial targets and aligning the business unit plans with cross-functional partners;
- To review internal processes, make recommendations and implement changes as necessary;
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the Financial Director and other senior management.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Of Graduate calibre;
- Qualified Accountant with experience of man management and career progression;
- Hands-on accounting working experience in the construction sector;
- A thorough understanding of WIP/Job Costing ideally within construction;
- A demonstrable record of achievement in the implementation and maintenance of financial controls and have an awareness of good governance and developed reporting;
- Be IT literate (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) with financial modelling, analysis and evaluation skills and have worked with ERP systems;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement and getting things done;
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative with little supervision;
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business,
- A team member, with leadership qualities with the capability of taking ownership of undertaking new projects.