Assistant Financial Controller
A highly successful international organisation that is growing through multiple acquisitions globally is looking to bring on board an Assistant Financial Controller. This is a new role which will play a critical part in the building of a 'best in class' control environment for the Group. Working together with a high performing team and reporting directly to the Financial Controller - Group, you will ultimately raise the profile of Group Finance for the Audit Committee and the Board. Against a background of significant change, including mergers and acquisitions and the implementation of a worldwide ERP system, you will provide high-quality technical support.
The successful assistant Financial Controller will be directly reporting into the Financial Controller of this expanding organisation. This is a varied role which requires a pro-active individual who is able and willing to travel within the UK and internationally and that would thrive in a constantly evolving business. The Assistant Financial Controller will have a number of Business Units allocated to them, for which they will have responsibility for various control functions.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Financial Controller position will include:
- Acquisitions, manage the financial integration of acquired entities, liaising with other departments and Group entities to ensure the timely receipt and communication of information.
- Assist acquired entities with Group systems to roll out, training and month-end reporting as required.
- Assist with the preparation of balance sheets, the preparation of pre-acquisition financial information for board reporting purposes and the loading of post-acquisition budgets into the consolidation system
- Assist with the implementation of robust internal controls in acquired entities where required.
- The month and year-end reporting
- Detailed review and challenge of monthly financial submissions from the allocated Business Units.
- On site control reviews and audits of the allocated Business Units.
- Assist with the annual audit process, including the preparation of year-end position papers and the preparation of the consolidated Group financial statements.
- Technical Support, assist with the adoption of new and updated accounting policies.
The successful Assistant Financial Controller will ideally have the following experience.
- ACA or ACCA qualified with at least three years post qualified experience, Ideally practice trained or looking to make their first move into industry
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS and a desire to remain technically up-to-date.
- Strong understanding of financial control environments and month end accounting processes.
- Analytical review and challenge, either from an audit background or a similar role in the industry.
- Ability to analyse and challenge financial information.
- Ability to quickly learn, work with and train others in, the use of the Group Consolidation system
There is an attractive benefits package which includes a car allowance and a 10% bonus. To apply for the JOB TITLE position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however, please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.