Technical Writer and Content Creator based in York
A new role to join an experienced MarComs team within a fast moving, innovative, science organisation in York. The main purpose of the position is to enrich both internal and external communications, website, blog and social media platforms.
We are looking for a talented individual who has well-developed research and organisation skills and who can generate new content and is able to translate technical articles to be understood by a wide range of readers. Ultimately the objective is to deliver quality pieces that appeal to a variety of audiences and customers and boost brand awareness.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our capabilities
- Develop a wide range of materials, including but not limited to: white papers for targeted industry audiences, scientific articles for publication in journals and content for the website
- Promote content on social media
- Interview scientists/partners and read relevant journals/industry features to familiarise themselves with new technologies and relevant scientific innovations
Social Media & eNewsletter
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. LinkedIn cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
Create and format 2 x eNewsletters (fortnightly & monthly
There is an attractive salary for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion about the role and to view a comprehensive job description, please call Brian Hutchison of Hunter Chase Consultants on or email your CV with a covering letter.