Pricipal Clinical Psychologist
?STANDARDS TO WHICH A PRINCIPAL CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICES
7. The post holder is responsible for their own work, interventions and interpretation of agreed guidelines and policies including Civil Service, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and British Psychological Society (BPS) Codes of Practice.
8. The post holder will be clinically independent and autonomous and will be individually accountable for their clinical decisions across the designated service sector. The post holder will consult regularly with peers and seek professional and clinical supervision as appropriate to their stage of professional development.
C.?ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
9. Must be eligible for Graduate Membership of the BPS.
10. Must have Post-graduate doctoral level training in Clinical/Counselling psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.
11. Must have HCPC registration under Practitioner Psychologist domain.
12. Must have a minimum of two years post-qualification experience working as a Clinical/Counselling psychologist within the designated specialty (Adult Mental Health).
13. Must be able to evidence having been permanently employed for a minimum of two years at a Principal grade.
14. Must be able to evidence having carried out clinical research (either implementation or supervision).
15. Must have evidence of delivery of teaching and training.
16. Must have evidence of having provided consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
17. Must hold in date Safeguarding Level 3 Certificate.
D.?DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
18. Accreditation as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) practitioner with British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
19. Accreditation as an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner/Consultant.
20. Accreditation as a CBT supervisor with BABCP.
21. Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) trainer in motivational interviewing.
22. Accreditation as a Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) practitioner.
23. Previous Ministry of Defence (MoD) experience.