Risk, Control & Regulatory Senior Specialist
Role Title: Risk, Control and Regulatory Senior Specialist
Location: Morley, Leeds
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Contact: Full time, Permanent
Customer Management Resourcing (CMR) is a boutique recruitment consultancy that specialise in mid & executive level roles within 'Customer Management'. This includes all management or analytical roles surrounding Contact Centres, Customer Experience & A.I.
Our client is currently seeking a risk, control and regulatory specialist to join them on a permanent basis in Leeds. You will be responsible for enhancing the security and consistency of the customer journey and experience with customer service and service delivery (CSSD) creating procedures to ensure improved control and managed frameworks are met across the area.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance Framework across the areas including reporting, compliance, and outcomes using reviews to test and assure the processes are being undertaken and to continuously improve the framework.
- Working with Legal and Compliance to understand the regulatory environment and ensure regulations are implemented effectively across UW and C&F
- Responsible for the control & governance delivered through the UW and C&F function and reducing unnecessary contacts and complaint volumes through poor execution or process.
- Deliver the systematic review of internal and external data, policy and process adherence and compliance including the testing of external third-party suppliers.
- Own the governance of the Risk Register and Business Continuity Planning documents across these areas.
- Responsible for designing and monitoring a strategy for controls and breach prevention across UW and C&F operations ensuring policy compliance including monthly attestations
- Build and maintain close relationships and leverage support from other business areas across operations and risk
- Support prioritization, agreement and delivery of departmental change, incidents and remediation agenda
- Accountable for ensuring call quality meets business needs where applicable (i.e. Underwriting) and retains quality standards
- Working closely with 2nd line of defense and 3rd line of defense as appropriate, and ensuring that Director of CSSD is kept updated
- Oversight of internal and external audits and thematic reviews by 2nd line of defense
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience of working in a risk, assurance, control or customer experience environment
- A strong awareness of TCF, FCA and regulation in the financial services industry
- Experience of implementing change in a regulated environment
- Experience of operational governance and management of audits and reviews
- Strong investigative skills with experience of distilling key points from complex subject matters
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and influence senior leaders /other functional areas
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and ability to produce reports in a variety of formats
- Proficient in the interrogation of data and MI and providing insight to senior management
- Proactive self-starter - works under own motivation and organizational skills to deliver
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought
- Ability to influence management in ensuring potential conduct issues are investigated and actionable outcomes are provided
- Ability to track improvements effectively to ensure actionable outcomes are tracked and closed down in a timely manner
- Awareness of Mastercard regulations / guidelines
- Experience of working in an operational environment especially in Consumer Finance / Credit Cards
- Lean / Six Sigma (or similar) qualification desirable
- Customer experience awareness (i.e. worked in a customer centric organization)
If you feel your experience matches what we are looking for please apply for immediate consideration.