The Education Specialists are an Employment Business recruiting a DT technician for a school in Knowsley to provide specialist technical and administrative support to students predominantly working within the Design Technology Faculty.
Candidates must be able to fully commit to the role which is due to start immediately and has the view of becoming permanent. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm, term-time only.
The successful applicant will be educated to GCSE standard and have previous experience in a similar role or working with machinery. We are looking for somebody who has wood working skills, basic electronics, maintenance of machinery and preparing materials
- Preparation, manufacture, assembly setting up, checking and issue of materials, components, machine, tools and equipment
- Checking and monitoring before and after use in line with current COSSH regulations
- Checking equipment, keeping all tools in good order, sharpen and set when necessary and carrying out routine maintenance ensuring that health and safety standards are met
- Setting up, checking and issuing equipment for use in lesson activities
- Retrieving and clearing away equipment and pupils’ work at the end of teaching periods
- Disposal of waste, including chemical and flammable waste, in accordance with HSE Regulations and current waste management policies
- Prepare and construct demonstration models for the curriculum
- Delivering demonstrations of the equipment and machine tools where necessary
- Support the teaching of practical aspects of Resistant Materials and Food Technology
- Checking and updating resources maintaining records
All employees have the responsibility to:
- Be aware and comply with all policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Participate in the school Performance Management process
- Provide appropriate guidance and supervision and assist in the training and development of staff as appropriate
- To promote the area of responsibility within the school/academy and beyond
- To represent the school/academy at events as appropriate
- To support and promote the school/academy ethos
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required that are covered by the general scope of the post
- To undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of the Chief Executive Officer and Headteacher
- Ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude to construction technology
- Ability to use own initiative in undertaking tasks
- Flexible approach to working arrangements
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Ability to work with and motivate children
- Pleasant, outgoing manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent time-keeping
- Interest and proven record in continuing professional development
Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure and will be subject to safeguarding and reference checks.
Application is by CV and covering letter.
At TES we understand and appreciate the contribution supply teachers make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team.
Teachers working for TES benefit from:
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- Holiday pay scheme
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- A flexible approach to work
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC Audited Education accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.
For more information about this role and other opportunities contact the team.