Marketing and Commercial Governance Executive
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we've exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you'll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our Marketing teams are passionate about anticipating the needs of our customers and partners to deliver straightforward, easy to use everyday finance solutions with a great customer experience. Working collaboratively with all areas of the business the teams are responsible for brand development, marketing strategy, product propositions, PR, engaging communications and campaign delivery across multiple channels to support growth objectives.
Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing & Commercial Governance Manager and indirectly to the Operational Risk Control Department (ORC), this role's purpose is to assist the Senior Marketing & Commercial Governance Manager in the assessment and management of operational risk across the Marketing and Commercial departments. This will be performed in accordance with the BNP Paribas Personal Finance model for the management of operational risk and with the support of the Operational Risk Control Department.
The role holder is responsible for assisting in the first level of defence against exposure to Operational Risk within the Marketing and Commercial departments. Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the identification and assessment of operational risks including consideration of generic risks provided by BNP Paribas Personal Finance
- Review generic BNP Paribas Personal Finance policies and procedures, adapting where necessary to fit local operations
- Document the local policies, procedures and specific controls to minimise exposure to Operational Risk, working with relevant Subject Matter Experts where required
- Review implementation of conditions that may be issued pursuant to the launch of a new activity ,product, organisation, new essential service provider
- Report Operational Incidents (including fraud) to BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK ORC team and assist with the resolution of these
- Reporting of attention points to the Senior Marketing & Commercial Governance Manager
- The role requires the use of Group Tools (training to be provided by ORC team)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of CONC, The FCA's role, TCF, Conduct Risk and Data Protection principles
- Proven track record of identifying Operational Risks and effective controls
- Knowledge of financial products offered in the UK retail finance market
- Proven track record in effecting change within a Financial Services environment
- Proven track record in managing multi-stakeholder relationships
- Ability to analyse complex information and processes
- Ability to write clear summary reports
- Ability to liaise with and influence all levels of management and work positively with other departments
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy