SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA - Permanent Role
My major client in the IT and telecoms sector is looking for a SQL Server DBA professional to come on board within their expanding team and assist in the growth of this even further at a real exciting time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company that will offer you the chance to enhance your skill set and develop your experience and offers clear lines of career progression from day one. You will be working in a medium sized team providing support to SQL Server versions 2000 up to 2016.
Main responsibilities include:
- Configure and implement SQL/DB designs to industry best practices
- Back up activity with appropriate documentation for population into the correct knowledge base
- Ensure incidents are resolved within SLA periods
- Explain complex technical issued in a non- technical manner
- Database support such as maintenance plans, PTO and patch deployment
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
The SQL Server DBA role will be based in the Burnley area and comes with a competitive salary along with:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
If you would like to be considered for the role, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age