Our client is a succesful Financial Company based in Basingstoke looking for an experienced Credit Manager to join the team ASAP.
- Assist in minimising the company's risk from lending money by careful assessment of the credit risk while adhering to the company's credit policy and underwriting parameters.
- Although this is an office-based role it will be necessary to visit potential customers on an ad-hoc basis where either the size of the transaction or the customer justifies it.
- Prepare concise but informative reports on potential customers recommending whether they are suitable for the requested borrowings.
- Liaise with customers and business introducers as necessary.
- Must have some commercial experience (although not necessarily in credit or asset finance).
- Experience of interpreting and understanding both a set of accounts and customer business models.
- Technical knowledge around credit risk analysis and the tools available for obtaining the necessary credit information.
- Basic understanding of different asset classes, their typical depreciation, ease of recovery and ease of resale.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a business to business environment and the ability to effectively interview, analyse the information received and, as a consequence, control the discussion.
- Comfortable dealing at Director Level.
- Driving licence essential for customer visits around the UK.
Please apply online for consideration.