Customer Proposition Manager
We’re looking for an energetic Customer Proposition Manager to drive innovation and deliver compelling propositions that make our holidays stand out. Starting from a deep understanding of Crystal’s customer needs, values and wants, you’ll bridge the commercial, sales, marketing and operations worlds. This role is an exciting opportunity to create innovative propositions in a fast-paced environment.
This role sits in the Customer Proposition team, where we drive development of new concepts and features that are valuable, feasible, and useful for our customers. We develop service tools and new propositions for our hero brand, Crystal Ski Holidays, as well as for our summer holiday brand, TUI Lakes & Mountains. We work with colleagues from many different departments in our office in Surbiton, as well as with our Purchasing & Overseas operations teams and our colleagues in UK&I.
What you will be doing
Using insights, data and research to understand the needs, wants and behaviours of Crystal’s diverse customers to develop, improve and bring to market customer propositions.
Working closely with colleagues around the business you’ll transform high level business challenges into compelling strategies, customer propositions and plans. This will involve testing, launching and bringing to market new concepts.
Being a key stakeholder in destination strategies, you’ll balance customer insight with commercial imperatives to ensure we explore all opportunities to differentiate our products, grow our destinations and that new initiatives always deliver maximum shareholder value.
Taking the lead on key initiatives and delegating to other specialists in the business to support the delivery where required.
Evaluating the effectiveness of existing propositions – developing and improving when needed.
Supporting our Product team with their strategies, being a fresh pair of eyes on problem solving and deep diving as well as helping with facilitation of research and analysis.
Reviewing competitor offerings and horizon scanning for new trends or innovations to enable proposition development or mitigation strategies as appropriate, in order to grow market share.
Supporting Head of Customer Proposition in driving a culture of innovation throughout the department and wider business – includes leading the colleague-run Ideas Hub.
Presenting to the Leadership Team and the business on proposition development and delivery plans / insights / results.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years product/proposition management experience or similar
- Have led a product roadmap, researched and recommended solutions and brought to market customer-facing propositions
- Detail-oriented, comfortable working cross-functionally and talking data, CX and business
- Customer focused, taking proactive action to understand customer needs and requirements
- Ability to coordinate, delegate and influence across functions – being able to get people on side to successfully execute customer propositions
- An innovative thinker who finds new ways of looking at issues and problems, always generating innovative new ideas
- A comfortable presenter and mediator, representing the voice of the customer within the business
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- A proven track record of delivering results to tough deadlines
- A confident leader who can deal effectively with people from a variety of levels and areas of the business and manage a small team
- Someone who can understand, and ideally analyse customer data and turn it in to clear insights with actionable outcomes
- A passion for skiing and travel
Working within TUI group
For us in Crystal Ski Holidays, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as our customers do - and we get to talk about it every day. Imagine that?
Since 1981 we’ve been finding the best places to ski, and the most beautiful lakes and mountains to awaken our senses in the summer months. We are the UK’s leading ski operator and our success is rooted in our people and their passion for the mountains. Many of us started out as reps overseas and have developed careers in the UK after several seasons on the snow. In fact several of the Leadership team started out that way.
We are enthusiastic, fun, approachable, and expert on all things ski & lakes. We work hard for our customers to ensure they can easily choose, book and experience the best possible holiday for them.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details and your CV.