Customer Engineering Project Engineer - Covering Scotland
£33,000 - £38,000pa dependant on experience.
Plus bonus paid annually and excellent company benefits and discounts
As Project Engineer at Calor, you will have wide responsibility with opportunity to make a real impact through specifying and project managing, within a defined area, installation and maintenance work, including that of a "complex" nature. Within this, you will drive technical, quality and safety standards through a combination of auditing, coaching and training. You will also be responsible for supporting the development and updating of technical guidance documents and processes, as well as providing technical support and solutions to Customer Engineering and its customers.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- To deliver high quality "complex" LPG gas installation and maintenance work, within budget and to meet customer expectations
- To complete the required number and type of audits (including inspection activity) on an annual basis for specified members of the Customer Engineering field operation - this includes Calor engineers and 3rd party contractors
- To drive up the technical, quality and safety standards of the Asset engineering field organisation, through a combination of auditing, coaching and training
- Identification of engineer technical development needs, in conjunction with their line manager
- To design, specify and vet LPG gas installation and maintenance work to meet business requirements
- To provide technical advice and support to Customer Engineering and it’s customers, both internally and in the field
- Be available to give advice in and out of working hours as a part of the emergency escalation procedure
- To support the development and updating of technical guidance documents and processes
- To investigate accidents and incidents, establishing immediate and underlying causes and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- To review and approve tank siting risk assessments for specified members of the Customer Engineering field operation
As such we would like you to:
- Have strong, relevant gas industry experience
- Have in depth understanding of legislation, codes of practice, company standards and procedures applicable to LPG installations
- Have experience in management of contractors and dealing with key customers and other third parties, including statutory bodies and emergency services
- Be self motivated and able to organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate and report on accidents and incidents
- Have the ability to audit Engineer work standards, highlight/rectify issues arising and deliver feedback required in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Have the ability to train, coach & mentor engineers and contractors
- Possess strong communication skills
- Demonstrate resilience - experience of working in a high pressure environment where many conflicting priorities require clear and concise decision making
- Be commercially aware
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.