JDT Utilities Ltd is a utility company with gas mains replacement and maintenance contracts across south of England. We have an excellent group of people, right through our ranks and departments, all of whom are committed to providing an excellent level of customer service, and all are fully trained in their work area, which allow us to safely and efficiently operate in the hazardous utilities environment all year round, in all weather conditions, using the latest technology, equipment and tools.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team based in Sturminster Marshall, Wimborne, Dorset. Reporting directly to the Finance Director and CFO, the successful applicant will have a challenging position with a huge degree of autonomy along with frequent interaction with business directors and senior management.
- Manage the finance department including line management of employees and PDR's
- Ensure all financial transactions are posted onto the ERP system accurately and timely
- Ensure all financial paperwork is properly logged and filed away
- Ensure income claims are submitted into the customer system accurately & timely.
- Ensure all income related queries are resolved quickly and that all sale invoices are paid
- Ensure control systems are adhered to e.g. purchase order management & statement reconciliation
- Ensure supplier, subcontractors, payroll & HMRC payments are made accurately & timely
- Ensure the monthly finance timetable is achieved
- Prepare and submit the VAT return by the due date
- Prepare balance sheet and profit loss schedules on a monthly basis
- Create and update the financial plan working closely with the planning and operations
- Prepare monthly management accounts and variance analysis compared with the financial plan
- Work closely with the Finance Director and CFO office for all compliance and cash flow management
- Prepare year end management accounts and variance analysis compared with the financial plan
- Work with the Finance Director & CFO office on the year end audit.
- Be a team player, articulate, numerate with attention to detail
- Be able to work on own initiative and take ownership of this role
- Have ERP experience, ideally MS Dynamics Nav
- Be able to resolve problems and influence others
- Have a clean driving licence and have own transport
- Have experience of working as a Finance Manager, qualified with ACCA, ACA, CIMA or AAT would be ideal, however experience for this role is imperative
The role will be challenging but equally rewarding, and an opportunity to shine and have direct input into the financial control management of this successful and developing company
Working hours: 08.30 to 17.00 | 42.5/week
28 days holiday per annum including public and bank holidays
Company pension scheme
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.