Reed finance are currently working with an award winning institution looking to add a recently qualified Tax, Treasury & Insurance Accountant looking for a new challenge to their team.
Reporting to the Head of Treasury, day-to-day responsibilities for the role include providing specialist advice on taxation matters, especially VAT, to all members of staff. As well as this, the successful candidate will prepare and file the relevant tax returns and work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that they remain abreast of current tax legislation.
The successful candidate will also oversee the forecasting of long term and short term cash flow to support the institution’s strategy, enabling sound investment decisions to be made.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Managing and leading various finance teams, ensuring that staff have the relevant training and knowledge to carry out their roles
• Overseeing the set-up and management of investment accounts
• Completing and filling VAT + COTAX returns as well as identifying where improvements to existing tax procedures can be made
• Developing solutions which mitigate foreign exchange risk
• Acting as a point of contact for tender processes
It is essential that applicants are ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified and have a strong understanding / a qualification in taxation gained from experience in a previous role.
Other essential criteria include:
• Strong time management and organisational skills as well as an excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent analytical skills and the experience of communicating complex information effectively to both finance and non-finance personnel
• Experience of working in a management role
• An understanding of insurance policies required for large organisations
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and generous annual leave policy, as well as perks such as reduced gym membership and discounted access to various leisure facilities.
If role sounds of interest or if you’d like to find out more contact Lewis Crainie on or at .