Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Our Northampton based client is currently seeking an experienced Facilities and Maintenance Manager to join their expanding business. On a daily basis a successful candidate will be responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of all buildings and surrounding property on a multi-site basis. This will include, all utilities, fixtures and services.
A successful candidate will have experience working with fire and intruder protection systems, contract management experience and a minimum of 3 years' experience working within a similar role.
- Complete facilities contract management
- Identification and assessment of suitability, coverage, length and scope of contracts, price and performance, for all vendors, currently involved in Facilities and Maintenance across different sites.
- To monitor and measure vendor performance on a regular basis
- Create and manage an Approved Supplier List, completing reviews and follow the tender process as required
- Ensure all fixed and portable assets with the business are accounted for, using H&S software management facilities.
- Scheduling tools contained within H&S software, ensure that all sites carry out documented servicing and breakdowns of all equipment, in a sufficient, accredited and timely manner. In-house documented pre-use checks, should also be established where they currently do not exist.
- Ensuring all utilities are installed, serviced and repaired as necessary
- Maintain the security of the site by working to insurance company stated improvements and ensuring this is actioned
- Ensuring all work loads are managed and balanced between contractors, site managers, workshop supervisors and yourself
- Have a hands on approach to maintenance and breakdown issues where necessary, but not exclusively
- Build good working rapport with contractors, managing them to ensure the building and grounds are kept to a high standard
- Assessment of the size and suitability of each of the sites within the business, advising the Group SHEQC Manager, as appropriate, with regard possible improvements, taking into account cost, operational capability and safety.
- Maintain an updated knowledge and understanding of associated legislation, pertaining to all aspects of the role, act in conjunction with it, and communicate to other areas as the business as necessary.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years' experience working within a similar environment
- Contract management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Experience working with fire and intruder protection systems, within previous roles
- Project Management
- Be able to evidence adequate preparation of contractors' work (Specification of job, RAMS, engineer qualifications)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with strong time management skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Analytical mind-set
- Keen problem solver
Desired Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience working across multiple sites
- Recognised qualifications within Facilities Management (level 2 to level 7 'British Institute Of Facilities Management'), Building Management, Construction or Engineering.
- A strong understanding of utility companies and how they operate
- Knowledge of associated legislation
- Budget management
- £35,000 - £38,000 - DOE
- Northampton based with cross site travel - company vehicle provided
- Travel Required: >75%
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Working Conditions: Predominantly office and workshop based.