We seek a motivated, ambitious and competent person looking for the right opportunity to fast-track their goal of becoming a leading marketing professional in the events industry.
The role will initially focus on two growing consumer event brands (in 'hot’ markets), plus one niche trade event brand. All these events have exciting futures and require the right marketing professional to 'own’ and drive them forward, ensuring they fulfil their significant potential.
The chosen candidate will be a passionate career-marketer, able to demonstrate a holistic understanding of modern marketing techniques and with proven 'hands on’ experience in event marketing. We do not outsource to marketing agencies; We employ talented individuals with the skillsets to keep our marketing in-house.
The candidate must have a proactive 'can do’ approach, able to work under pressure and enthused by the opportunity of 'owning’ and controlling the destiny of their shows (and assuming all the associated responsibilities that come with it).
As such, the candidate will be highly organised, creative, technically proficient and commercially-minded. They must be competent at working independently, whilst always remaining a team player and understanding the acute need for all event disciplines (marketing, sales, operations) to work cohesively in order to deliver great shows.
The chosen candidate will be an enthusiastic 'student of marketing’, i.e. they understand that marketing never stands still and, therefore, fully embrace constant change and proactively stay abreast of marketing trends and their application to events.
A talent for 'relationship marketing’ is essential. The candidate must have the understanding, ability and confidence to research and find relevant third parties that could aid show marketing objectives, then make an approach, then build, manage and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Exceptional communication skills are critical; written, phone and face-to-face.
The successful applicant will report directly to the company’s UK Portfolio Director and work closely with them to deliver record attendances to the UK shows assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Full brand / marketing ownership and guardianship for the events assigned (initially two B2C, one B2B).
- Plan and implement full marketing and PR campaigns with the primary objective of driving ticket registrations and onsite conversion.
- Plan, write and execute all show marketing copy. Includes Website, social media, digital marketing, press releases and email campaigns (HTML, Outlook, third party partners).
- Design, maintain and develop all relevant event Websites.
- Research, negotiate and manage multiple contra deals with relevant media partners, associations, charities and individuals / influencers.
- Build and manage marketing budgets, and deliver campaigns to cost.
- Assist sales team to develop marketing benefits for paid-for sponsorships, partnerships and exhibitor agreements, then activate all marketing deliverables within signed contracts (includes account management responsibilities, alongside sales team members).
- Source speakers for content theatres and develop / maintain relationships with these key industry figures and influencers.
- Devise and activate social media elements of marketing campaigns, across all relevant platforms.
- Devise and activate digital marketing elements for campaigns.
- Analyse success of campaign elements continuously and produce Weekly reports on ticket registrations and other marketing KPIs, ensuring targets are met.
- Identify advertising opportunities within the show sectors, then negotiate costs and implement.
- Produce promotional artwork for campaigns (strong working knowledge of Photoshop / InDesign).
- Respond to visitor and exhibitor enquiries.
- Manage marketing data for relevant shows, with a full understanding and adherence to GDPR and data best practice.
- Devise and deliver competitions (and other engagement exercises) to aid event marketing / PR.
- Conduct administrative work with event participants / exhibitors (e.g. set them up on the show Websites).
- Produce hard copy marketing materials (liaising with printers, proof reading and deadline delivery), such as show guides and show flyers.
- Be a proactive 'student’ of marketing; keeping abreast of marketing developments (reading relevant magazines, e-communications and attending relevant events) with a view to reviewing potential new marketing channels for the business.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then please apply now.
Please note that vacancies may sometimes be withdrawn prior to the closing date if we receive a large number of quality applications. If you are interested in this role we would advise applying immediately to avoid disappointment.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted at this time. If you do not hear back from us within five working days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please