Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a leading business based in near to Halesowen. They require a technically strong Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis with demonstrable experience within fixed assets.
The salary on offer for this role is £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience plus 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to 8 more), generous discounts and many major restaurants, bars and retailers plus an available pathway through to Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for UK and Ireland Fixed Assets, VAT, and Statutory Reporting. You will also assist with monthly Intercompany and Balance Sheet reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing all capital expenditure, ensuring that it is reported correctly and calculating any required accruals.
- Hold monthly meetings with the UK Project Team to ensure that all projects are capitalised on time and given the correct end date.
- Hold weekly KPI and performance reviews with the outsourced R2R team.
- Responsible for the finance decision regarding the capitalisation of maintenance jobs that have been deferred out of the Profit and Loss.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and monthly review of depreciation.
- Review and approve all Fixed Asset balance sheet account reconciliations prepared by the outsourced team.
- Prepare Fixed Asset balance sheet account reconciliations for review.
- Ensure that all Fixed Assets are depreciating correctly and to highlight any assets that need to be disposed of to the outsourced team.
- Produce Capital Expenditure report for UK and Ireland on a monthly basis to send to Group and UK CFO.
- Prepare for, and attend, monthly CFO meetings to discuss capital expenditure.
- Responsible for National Statistics returns for the UK & Ireland businesses.
As Financial Accountant you will ideally have:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified
- Previous experience of Fixed Asset Accounting, using an ERP
- Excellent SAP skills
- Previous experience of the SAP Fixed Asset Accounting Module.
- Previous experience of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Working knowledge of VAT return preparation and filing
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self- motivator with excellent attention to detail.