Adept Resourcing are recruiting for an Department Engineer based in Sheffield
- Leading, mentoring and coaching a dynamic team of highly skilled engineers and craftsmen to develop them into the next generation of leaders of our growing business
- Partnering with the plant manager, determining the asset strategy and development plan for the plant
- Lead and manage the site engineering governance program through audits, action planning, ensuring that appropriate inspections and audits are occurring to internal and statutory standards.
- Identifying and leading the implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working with other functional groups within the operations to coordinate the provision of technical support
- Collaborating with consultants, suppliers and vendors to ensure services are provided within plan and specifications
- Ensuring all work is completed as scheduled to quality, safety standards and budget
- Promote operational discipline and high performance in work execution and enhances the technical knowledge of team members (employees and contractors), ensuring they adhere to work standards and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work
- Liaise with Projects teams across the Asset to provide expertise and continual improvement in delivery of projects
- You will be a performance and achievement oriented professional with demonstrable leadership capability, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and providing excellent results.
- Qualifications in Engineering, HNC and higher (or equivalent)
- Extensive plant engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of complex processes, the associated machinery and control systems
- Well-developed communication and relationship building skills and an ability to work with various stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- An understanding of risk management, auditing processes and experience in undertaking appropriate actions based on audit findings;
- Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions;
- Be a thought leader with the ability to connect the dots and work with ambiguity;
Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to resolve conflict and influence outcomes.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Experience with a CMMS.
- Generous Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Other Benefits