Abatec are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join our client, a £50m turnover, family run, construction company based in South Wales. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Finance & Operations Director to ensure the accurate budgeting, cashflow forecasting and financial management reporting of the company. You will be working within a team of 6 based out of the Head Office with occasional travel to various construction sites.
As A Management Accountant you will:
- Prepare monthly Finance Report for Operations Board, discussing performance and significant variances, balance sheet movements and loan covenants.
- Develop financial reports including preparation of easy to read/ interpret information for sharing with teams in the business.
- Prepare extended trial balance and cash book and accounts for Kinloch Court Investment Ltd.
- Prepare control account reconciliations on a monthly basis including accruals and prepayments, sundry debtors and creditors, stock, contribution accounts and work in progress.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the management accounts monthly tasks checklist.
- Maintain the Management Accounting reporting arrangements for the group ensuring appropriate disclosure and presentation of all transactions in line with statutory reporting requirements.
- Upload and maintain budget setting on all Group Company ledgers on Ledger system using outputs from the Quantrix Business Planning Model.
Our client requires a Management Accountant with:
- With an ACCA/ACA qualification with post qualification experience, ideally within the construction sector.
- Previous payroll experience
- Experience in preparation of management accounts in a group environment
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with business heads and department leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office Excel
- Excellent self-organisational skills with excellent time management skills
- Confident and outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff including site-based employees.
- Salary circa £40,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher. The reference for this vacancy is 128732.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.