Are you an experienced teacher that wants to take on a new challenge?
Do you want to grow your experience as a teacher and work in the Special Educational Needs sector?
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic person to work in a SEN school. The school is based in Retford and aims to create a safe and happy learning environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
The school's ethos is to create opportunities for every pupil to develop to his or her maximum potential: they strive to deliver an outstanding service to all pupils and their parents and look for every chance to recognise and celebrate pupils' achievements. They take pride in what they do and accept that there is scope for continual improvement in enhancing the quality of life for all pupils.
The school aims:
* To offer each pupil a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum within the National Curriculum that is externally accredited where appropriate.
* To ensure that pupils' individual needs are met in terms of moral, spiritual and social developments and in the acquisition of personal and social values and skills.
* To support pupils in a caring community where the school philosophy enables all to access the curriculum regardless of physical disability, learning disability, gender, race or culture.
* To support pupils in a climate of warmth and understanding in order that self-esteem, confidence and responsibility can grow.
* To maximise every pupil's potential for independence whilst respecting those pupils who will always require support.
* To support parents and families by keeping them informed and involved in their child's progress, achievement and school events.
* To encourage, support and develop all staff in a positive professional environment where individual needs and achievements are recognised and appreciated.
* To promote and develop skills for further education, work, home and leisure activities.
* To raise standards thus improving and enhancing the quality of lives of all pupils and establishing a centre of excellence.
* To help pupils develop into good citizens, with minds ready to explore, question and challenge policies underpinning society.
The benefits of this role include:
* Gaining valuable experience in the SEN sector
* Working with a skilled staff team who will develop your teaching expertise with SEN pupils
* The opportunity to work in a diverse role
* Working with pupils who are eager to learn
The responsibilities of the role are:
* Delivering enthusiastic lessons to pupils in EYFS and KS1.
* Creating innovative lesson plans
* Tracking pupils' progress and devising plans to increase their progress
* Differentiating lesson plans to give equal opportunities to all students to progress
The requirements for this role are:
* A DBS on the update service
* A teaching qualification (NQTs are welcome to apply)
* Dedication to improving students' learning experience
* Being a resilient and hardworking individual
The successful candidate will be working in an excellent school. If you are ready for a new and exciting opportunity then apply for this role today.