SMART EDUCATION is a specialist consultancy focusing exclusively on the Education sector. We work extensively with Nurseries, Schools (Mainstream & SEN), Academies, FE Settings and a variety of alternative education establishments across the West Midlands recruiting for PERMANENT and TEMPORARY staff. We offer a bespoke service to both the clients and candidates with whom we work and are extremely proud of our honest reputation and our professional attitude towards Safeguarding & Customer Service.
Here at SMART we are recruiting for a Teacher of Physics on behalf of one our Secondary school clients, please see below the job description below:
Teachers should demonstrate that they are effective professionals who challenge and support all students to achieve their full potential through:
- Inspiring trust and confidence
- Building team commitment
- Engaging and motivating students
- Analytical thinking
- Positive action to improve the quality of student learning
- Teachers should seek to enhance student self-esteem through a supportive, encouraging, yet challenging approach to learning, employing a wide variety of teaching styles suited tothe needs of individuals and small groups as well as whole classes.
- All teachers will be expected to prepare, teach, mark work and maintain records of attendance, progress, behaviour and achievement in accordance with agreed school policies, using the information to raise standards of learning, with target grades set and reviewed regularly with students.
- Teachers are encouraged to take the initiative in putting forward ideas and to assist in the development of any aspects of the school.
- All teachers will be expected to work collaboratively with other staff as members of teams, departments and other cross-curricular groups. Their contributions of their own particular talents and skills to such groups will aid the production of new initiatives, policies, resources, schemes of work etc.
- In collaboration with students, all staff are responsible for caring for the school environment, ensuring health and safety requirements are met and that agood learning environment is created.
- All staff should work in partnership with parents, communicating with them and always seeking to achieve the best outcome for each student. This will include meetings outside of the normal school day.
- All staff should establish high expectations of positive student behaviour and appearance.
- In order to meet their own professional needs and the aims of the school all staff have the right to appropriate support and professional development opportunities, both through training and through formal and informal contact with colleagues. One way in which this is accessed is through the performance management review programme and professional teams and groups.
- Teachers should be aware of the school's agreed policies in all areas and work together to implement these effectively.
Qualifications Required: QTS or QTLS
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 8-4 Monday to Friday
Interview Dates: February 2018
Start Date: March/April 2018
Contact: Francesca Sandiford