Unique General Insurance Opportunity Available!
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Actuarial Analyst to join our head office in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive starting salary,regular pay reviews and competitive benefits including:
- 27 days holiday per year
- Company Contribution scheme pension,
- Private medical
- Death in service
- Free onsite parking and a train station which is just 5 minutes’ walk from the office
- Newly refurbished offices which boast a vibrant look and feel
- Situated perfectly within the Hornbeam Business Park in Harrogate
Rural Insurance is based in Harrogate is an underwriting company dedicated to providing insurance solutions to meet the needs of Rural / Agricultural businesses.
This is a unique opportunity for you to build on your core analytical and numerical skills in a proactive business environment.
Reporting to the Reserving Manager,as ourActuarial Analystyou will be a key part of the quarterly reserving process, providing senior management with actuarial insights into business performance.You will also model reserves and the communication of the results to key stakeholders.
Responsibilities of our Actuarial Analyst will include:
- Analyse data to identify trends and provide performance / efficiency recommendations
- Develop and maintain actuarial/financial models for calculating reserves, monitoring profitability, pricing products and producing reserve reports.
- Produce reports outlining findings and communicating key results to stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and implement controls to ensure that data and models are accurate and fit for purpose
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the Rural & Commercial Holdings Ltd (RCHL) business model, the environment in which it operates and the products and services RCHL provides
What are we looking for in our Actuarial Analyst?
- Excellent software skills with existing knowledge of and proficiency with Excel and R. (Experience with Access and SQL would also be beneficial).
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to break down complex problems into simpler steps
- Ability to identify and resolve unusual features/problems with data
- Can communicate complex matters both verbally and written to both a technical and a non-technical audience
- Ability to handle multiple projects, working effectively both within a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Works with initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Has an innovative approach to work and problem solving
- Able to build good relationships with key stakeholders within the business to understand and respond to their needs
- An understanding of the role of an Actuary within a General Insurance context / understanding of where an Actuary adds value in this setting
- Knowledge of standard reserving techniques (e.g. Bornhuetter-Fergusson, Chain Ladder)
- Strong numerical skills (Numerate degree)
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques
- Progression toward Actuarial qualification desirable
This is an exciting, extremely varied role which will provide a wealth of experience for the right candidate to join us as an Actuarial Analyst. Don’t delay apply today!