Technical Solutions Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic technical person looking for their next step on the career ladder. This role is called a number of things within the high tech industry i.e Product Manager, Control Systems Specialist, Technical Engineer also known as a Brand Manager too and requires a background/knowledge in IT/electrics and/or heating installations to join our award-winning, dynamic , fun, growing distribution client.
To succeed you must be focused on providing excellent service and support. A significant proportion of your time will be spent talking to customers, understanding their requirements, working closely with the sales team with pre-sales support to specify appropriate electrical solutions. Through this you will be expected to cultivate strong customer relationships, ensuring that you’re their first point of contact for their next project. Product Training is offered!
- Working experience as an Electrician/Engineer or a recognised qualification in electrics/engineering
- Working experience or a qualification within heating or IT/network systems
- Working experience within a technical sales environment would be advantageous but this is trainable, especially if you have team leader type responsibilities now or used to liaising with other trades or even mentoring others
- Knowledge of lighting control, audio, HVAC, LED technologies, building controls, access control systems would be advantageous again your technical passion is more important
- Experience working with or knowledge of KNX (Konnex) would be advantageous but is not essential
- Experience liaising with installers and providing hands on support and technical assistance wherever required
The successful candidate:
- Will be responsible for managing the control system’s portfolio (lighting, music, HVAC and door entry disciplines) and become the company’s expert in the field
- Provide pre-sales specification support to System Integrator customers and internal staff alike
- Design and specify electrical automation systems, generate quotes and follow-up as appropriate
- Co-ordinate new product introductions, test and co-ordinate feedback for product development
- Maintain and develop product roadmaps, technical information, resources and sales tools to maximise opportunities
- Will be responsible for achieving the associated targets (revenue, GP & product mix)
- Manage stock levels and liaise with other departments including Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales, and Customer Care.
- Must be confident, not phone shy and has the ability to follow up / qualify warm leads as and when needed.
- A comprehensive understanding of engineering/electrical knowledge is required.
The role is broadly a 50:50 split between Product Management and Technical Sales. A comprehensive understanding of engineering/electrical/heating (IT systems and IP networking, VOIP would be an advantage) knowledge is required. Full product training will be provided on their exclusive rights to an exciting new control system. Your primary focus will be to support our automation control proposition, becoming the company’s expert/go-to contact for all related issues. You will be expected to build close working relationships with our customers through the provision of knowledgeable pre-sales and specification support.
About our client
Our client is a focused business to business (B2B) (Customer Installation/Residential) distributor of Smart Home and Automations technology. Their mission is to promote what are perceived as the "homes of the future" and with over 25 years of combined experience, has allowed them to explore deeper within the sector and identify a new market opportunity for them to expand into.
If you’re interested please send us your CV in Word format ASAP and we will come back to you immediately and provide you with some further information on this company and opportunity.