KAMP Accountants Ltd is looking for a Finance/Account Assistant based in Morden due to expansion plans in 2019. The Practice has built up a great reputation as an employer and have impressive plans for growth.
It's a great work environment with plenty of banter within the office and a busy social calendar across the business. The company look after their staff, investing in training and rewarding high performance which has allowed them to gain a high staff retention record.
Job Title: Finance/Account Assistant
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Salary: £18,000 - £24000 per annum
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 37.50
Location (Air condition office): Marshall House, Suite 21/25, 124 Middleton Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 6RW
Purpose of Job/Key objectives
Support the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details from client files, prepare VAT returns, Data entering including maintaining financial records on client files.
Role of the Finance department
Provide a complete finance service to the whole of the company, addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet external demands. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following: prepare VAT returns, data entry to trial balance.
Principal Duties/Tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Support the Finance Manager by inputting into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents (client files)
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure swift payment of invoices
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures for clients
- Provide financial support to team members
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside normal working hours is required to attend events.
NB this job description is proved to assist the post holder to know their principal duties. It may be amended however from time to time in consultation with you, by or on behalf of the Director without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grading of the post.
Person specification Essential
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and be able to apply these within the organisation
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills used in planning own work
- Calm and professional disposition
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to manage high volume workload
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Good analytical ability
- Good problem solving ability
- A recognised finance qualification
- Working in accountancy practice
- Interest to learn new skills.