Our client's AD plants operate as integrated recycling units, processing a variety of food wastes to produce renewable energy, heat and ReGrow, a nutrient-rich fertiliser for local farms. The plants also recycle the food waste packaging. The plants provide an environmentally-sustainable solution for all waste producers looking for a safe method of diverting food waste from landfill.
Applications are invited for a suitably qualified Maintenance Fitter to work at their Widnes site working 12 hour shifts, on a rolling 4 on 4 off system (days and nights) plus overtime to provide shift cover as and when required.
As a Maintenance Fitter you will be involved in the installation and maintenance of new and existing equipment. You will be expected to adhere to all Site and their Group Health and Safety Regulations and required to attend Health and Safety, Fire and Welfare Training both on and off site.
You will be expected to contribute to the growing Safety Culture on Site and ensure all accidents, damage and near misses are reported to ensure the Health and Safety of all personnel on site.
As a Maintenance Fitter your duties and responsibilities will vary but will include:
• Risk assessing all jobs before work begins.
• Complete all logs and job sheets as required.
• All work to be done to a high standard, in a safe and competent way to ensure the safety of all personnel. This to include leaving the work area clean and tidy on completion of work.
• To install and maintain new equipment ensuring production is not interrupted.
• To maintain all existing equipment ensuring production is not interrupted.
• To assist in any other duties and ad hoc projects as and when required.
• You should have CGLI or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
• You must have engineering experience and it would advantageous if this was in the AD field.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours.
• Have an analytical approach to problem solving.
• Be able to work on your own or as part of a team.
• Be able to communicate well at all levels.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Please apply online with your CV.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.