PMO Lead / PM Public Sector, IT & HR System Implementation
PMO Lead / PM (Public Sector, IT & HR System Implementation)
£400 a day
Reporting into the governance manager and working with the senior IT Leaders and Project Managers to integrate the day to day PMO activities that support the efficient running and delivery of the IT Department.
* Provide structured project updates to stakeholders highlighting Project progress, performance and risk.
* Provide a mix of support, coaching and challenge to the UK IT team in the pursuit of providing an effective PMO.
* Review and Improve departmental governance systems and their respective inputs and outputs.
* Working with stakeholders of all levels to agree and apply PMO methods.
* Ensure the Senior Leadership Team is fully engaged with the PMO and aware of project activity status.
* Update and maintain the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register
* Ensure the appropriate project benefits are identified, quantified and their realisation measured
* Track financial reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the corporate financial processes
* Ensure cross-project dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
* Provide a quality assurance role in line with defined Programme Management Office process.
* Line Manage PMO staff
Core Experience, Qualifications & Personal Attributes
* Strong knowledge of PMO operations with a minimum of 3 years in a PMO leadership position.
* Project Management Delivery
* Confidence to coach and mentor PMO team members and guide stakeholders in the adoption of PMO best practice.
* Hold sound knowledge of project delivery frameworks and the integration of PMO practices with the processes and tools of these frameworks.
* Experience governing stage gates within pre-project phases such as concept/discovery and business case, project delivery phases and post-project phases.
* Development of post-project review, QA and health-check frameworks and processes.
* Good understanding of the management of risk, change and project finances.
* Highly Competent in MS Project, Word, Excel and Visio.
* Able to influence and negotiate effectively with senior decision makers.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
* Professional project management accreditation e.g. PRINCE2 or similar
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
* Knowledge of public sector and HR business processes is an asset but not essential
* Line management or team leadership experience