Compliance Manager - Aviation
Our client is a highly successful aviation company they have a requirement for a Compliance Manager - Rotor Wing. The Compliance Manager - Rotor Wing is directly responsible to the Head of Safety, Security & Compliance ensuring effective Compliance Management in support of all relevant Company Approvals & Accreditations.
As the Compliance Manager - Rotor Wing your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Formal Engineering or Operational Qualification, or suitable equivalent.
- Lead Auditor Qualification - ISO 9001 or suitable equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Civil and Military Aviation Regulations - EASA, FAA, MAOS, etc…
- Good knowledge of Industry Standards - ISO 9001, AS9100, etc…
- Relevant civil and/or military aviation experience.
- Experience in performing audits within the Civil and/or Military Aviation environment.
- Experience in Safety Management System management within an aviation or engineering environment.
- Experience in Quality Management System management within an aviation environment.
- Acceptable to the relevant Regulatory Authorities to act as the Nominated Person for Quality (EASA Form 4) - Previous experience advantageous.
- Experience in managing a team/department, including complex tasks.
- Personal Skill & Attributes
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills - Ability to interface and effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, utilising experience, sound judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Organisational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to achieve deadlines.
- Computer literate - Use MS Office Software and other Company Software as required.
- Maintain high levels of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality and use discretion appropriately.
- Self-motivated, assertive, resilient with the ability to hold their own.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Company values.
As the Compliance Manager - Rotor Wing your main responsibilities will involve:
- Maintain the Compliance Management System against all relevant Regulatory and Industry Standard requirements to ensure continuous accreditation. Development and management of the Annual Risk Based Audit Plan to satisfy compliance against all relevant Regulatory and Industry Standards.
- Ensure the effective performance of Internal Compliance Audits against Regulatory and Industry Standards as identified on the Annual Audit Plan.
- Ensure the effective performance of External Supplier Audits against Regulatory and Industry Standards as identified on the Annual Audit Plan.
- Ensure the effective management of Non-conformances raised from Audit to ensure effective remedial action within agreed timeframes.
- Review analysis of Non-conformances raised from Audit to identify any adverse trends to support a Risk and Performance Based Audit Plan.
- Provide appropriate feedback to relevant stakeholders regarding any adverse or emerging trends identified from Audit.
- Ensure the effective management of Company Authorisation System.
- Management and development of relevant Company Expositions, Operations Manuals and Procedures
- Management of the Company Component Capability List
- Review and management of Regulatory and Industry Standard legislation, ensuring timely update to Company documentation.
- Support and contribution to the Quality Management System Review
- Compliance Team Management
- Providing effective Leadership to the Compliance Team.
- Management and oversight of the Compliance Team, including department responsibilities and activities.
- Champion a shared safety vision and culture for all stakeholders, encouraging active participation in continuous improvement, creating positive safety outcomes.
- Safety First - Promote and embrace the SHE Standards within the aviation business.
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and customers, as well as relevant Regulatory Authorities and Accreditation Bodies.
- Technical & Regulatory Expertise
- Providing a focal point for Regulatory and Industry Standards for all Fixed Wing activities within the business
- Ad Hoc / Out-of-Hours work during urgent / unforeseen business requirements.
- Domestic / International travel as required.
- Any other reasonable duties which may requested by Senior Management that falls within the scope / capability of the incumbent.
Keywords - Compliance Manager, Aviation, ISO 9001, EASA, FAA, MAOS, AS9100, Audits, Military, Rotor Wing, Fixed Wing, Microsoft, Risk Audits, Safety, Military, Quality
Compliance Manager - Aviation
Location - Christchurch, Dorset
Salary - Competitive plus Car Allowance, and excellent benefits